Development plans for 2012
Our main priority for the start of the new year has been to formalise our development plans for RentPro for 2012. A key consideration for this exercise has been the feedback from the survey of letting agents and landlords using our rental management software, conducted back in the autumn.
With all of this in mind, the team have been prioritising the most popular requests, and aliging these with our overall plans for RentPro’s continued evolution. The highlights of our plans for the incoming year are as follows:
- Our next planned release is for the end of January where we will be addressing a number of bug fixes, and also introducing the ability to automatically apply tenant fees, e.g. if rent breaches a defined threshold. Full details will follow with this release. We are also making an enhancement to the way that tenant statements are emailed to multiple recipients, if there are multiple tenants on a tenancy.
- A month or so afterwards (start of March) we are revising the way in which documents and files are stored within RentPro. There is currently little visibility of the volume of documents or files being stored against properties and other items, e.g. certificates, document scans, photos, etc. As well as some reorganisation of this content under the hood, we are going to introduce a usage bar which will show the percentage of your allocated storage space being used. A similar usage bar will show how many properties are being managed within your current plan, to help you plan your ongoing and future management needs within the system.
- Another exciting feature being rolled out in this release is the ability for agents to send regular email newsletter-type communications to tenants, landlords, prospective tenants, or indeed anyone else you may have on your mailing lists. These emails may be typically used to publicise vacant properties or inform tenants and landlords about company news, or relevant services.
- The biggest enhancement, and by far the most popular request is a major overhaul of the diary and task management area. Admittedly this is the biggest shortcoming of RentPro at present, and we’ll greatly improve the software’s usefulness to letting agents and landlords using the application on a daily basis. We’d like to get as much feedback as possible from our users on what you’d like from the diary and task management feature, so please get involved in the discussion on the diary feature thread on our forums.
Summer 2012 and beyond
- We’re currently laying the plans for an exciting new development which we will then be concentrating on for the remainder of the year. We can’t say too much at the moment, but suffice to say it’s the biggest change to RentPro for several years! Watch this space…